Top 10 Reasons to attend the 4th Annual Brooklyn Folk Arts Day
Thursday, October 23 @ 7pm, Actors Fund Arts Center (160 Schermerhorn Street)
- MINGLE with fellow traditional artists and advocates.
- CLAP to live blues with Beareather Reddy and Alexis P. Suter.
- EAT free food and drink.
- ASK “Who owns culture? with Folk Arts Program Director (NYSCA), Robert Baron.
- WITNESS the keepers of the Alan Lomax Archive (Association for Cultural Equity) explain how they work to bring cultural materials “home” to source communities.
- BUILD a borough that grows from its roots, not from its developers.
- LEARN about cultural preservation initiatives directly from Ghanaian royalty and part time Bronx resident, Nana Rokoto.
- IMAGINE a future where we use recorded materials to engage the WHOLE of our communities to celebrate the fruits of innovation and success.
- DISCUSS all of the above while eating free food and drink.
- SHARE your upcoming events and initiatives-bring flyers!